Casa San Jose, an outreach of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden
The community organizer is responsible for developing opportunities for the Latino community of Pittsburgh to will garnering support and advocacy for Latino individuals and families in the community.
Essential Duties include (but not limited to):
- Advocate for the Pittsburgh Latino Community by providing a forum for the Pittsburgh Latino Community by:
- Organizing community meetings to solicit input related to issues/challenges facing the Latino community
- Maintaining a rapport with local policy makers to bring forward the feedback from the Latino community for resolution/guidance
- Mentor community members to develop leadership skills for self-advocacy
- Coordinate action events
- Provide information and educational opportunities for the community’s most vulnerable individuals
This position requires travel throughout the day and candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in social science, education or related field with some experience with outreach programs and immigration services for Latino community, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Fluency in Spanish.
Preferred: Previous experience in working in and with the Latino community; strong organizational and communication skills. Fluency in Spanish reading and writing.
Please submit resume and cover letter, including salary requirement to:
Allie Schweitzer, Director of Human Resources
Sisters of St. Joseph
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden is an equal opportunity employer. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.